If you are looking to improve your smile while wearing braces, or are in the process of getting braces, always remember that your daily maintenance of your teeth and gums is paramount for your treatment’s success. Braces can be easily damaged if you are hard on your mouth or fail to take the necessary steps to protect yourself in times of high risk.
Don’t let bad habits ruin your year. Here are some helpful hints of caring for your braces:
– Always be sure to visit your orthodontist at True Smile Orthodontics for all your regularly scheduled appointments and adjustments. Any skipped sessions could delay your recovery time and hamper your treatment effectiveness.
– If you have a retainer, always make sure it is cleaned adequately.
– Certain foods and snacks can get lodged between your teeth and braces. If possible, avoid harmful products that can get stuck in these areas.
– Always make sure to practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Use dental tools that are specially designed for braces.
– Take extra caution when protecting your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as winter sports, or contact sports, be sure to wear proper safety gear such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– If you should suffer an oral accident which damages your braces, use your orthodontist-provided wax until a visit can be made to fix your braces,
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact True Smile Orthodontics to schedule an appointment or oral exam with Dr. Christopher Trockel or Dr. Martin Trockel. Our office is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and we can be reached by calling us at 918-364-2222. We look forward to shaping your smile!